In this section, you can find out more about the council’s transport policies.
Connecting Southampton is a website dedicated to giving you the latest travel information, roadworks news and updates on the major projects that are shaping the future of transport in the city. Visit Connecting Southampton to keep up to date with ongoing works and projects in Southampton, and to see how they are contributing to long term aims of reducing congestion, improving air quality, and boosting economic growth in the city.
Find out more about:
- Our new Local Transport Plan 4 Strategy (Connected Southampton - Transport Strategy 2040)
- Our current LTP three-year Implementation Plan (covering 2022-2025)
- The new Local Transport Plan 4 Strategy is complemented by a series of supporting plans setting out the detailed plans for improving travel – including the Southampton Cycling Strategy, Bus Service Improvement Plan (BSIP), Southampton City Centre Parking Plan, Transport Asset Management Plan and Hospital Access Plan
- The joint Southampton and Hampshire three year Access Fund Project (2017-20) funded by the Department for Transport – we are encouraging more people to make more journeys to work and school by walking and cycling on three corridors into the city, using the 'My Journey' travel behaviour change campaign
- Our Residents Parking Policy 2022 Update
- The Bus Service Improvement Plan (BSIP)
Transport funding bids
You can also find details of recent transport funding bids submitted to central Government and their current status.