The Annual Shared Conversation (ASC) is intended as a self-reflection tool, using key learnings from recent Ofsted inspection reports.
This aims to:
- Provide challenging conversations that are useful to your self-reflection process
- Be topical and reflect the changing landscape of early years and childcare
- Be time efficient
- Have a consistent approach to all providers
- Not be about the Local Authority gathering information/data
As part of our free universal funded offer the Early Years and Childcare Team are now able to offer the ASC visits to early years and childcare group providers, and to childminders who work with an assistant or with another childminder in the same premises.
All providers will have an opportunity to engage over the next year. We anticipate that an ASC visit will take up to two hours.
You can find ASC questions for this term on this page. The ASC questions will be updated three times per year and these are linked to:
- Actions from Ofsted reports for all childcare providers across the city
- Changing legislation
- Common themes relating to local providers
Annual Shared Conversation Process
- Each year you will receive an invitation to take part from either your Development Worker (DW) and Early Years Advisory Teacher (EYAT)
- When you accept the offer of the ASC, the DW/EYAT will send you the template and request your latest Self Evaluation
- A date will be set for your two hour free Annual Shared Conversation
- Following the ASC, feedback will be sent within four weeks, including any recommendations and/or signposting, which may include: training needs identified, forward planning, basis for ‘request for support’ or follow up at a SEND/DW Surgery
|Annual Shared Conversation Form – Autumn 23