Childcare support for working parents

On this page you will find some advice on paying for childcare if you are a working parent.

Tax credits

If you are receiving child tax credits, you can apply for working tax credits.

You'll need to be working a certain amount of hours a week to be eligible, and what you get will depend on your circumstances.

Visit GOV.UK for more information about working tax credits.

Other support

Information about tax-free childcare and the 30 hour offer for three and four year olds can be found on GOV.UK.

The government has also introduced Childcare Choices to help parents pay for childcare costs. You can enter your details to find out which offers would work the best for you.

Money saving advice

The independent Money Saving Expert website run by Martin Lewis, the finance expert, also has some really useful information on it. You can view money saving advice relating to childcare costs.