The Employment Support Team is the council's employment support service. We offer help, advice and support to people who are disabled or disadvantaged, to find work or training.
The Employment Support Team can help by:
- Talking to people about what kind of work they would like to do
- Helping them to realise what skills and abilities they already have, to help them find the right job
- Finding training courses
- Helping to look for jobs and contacting employers
- Talking to employers if people are worried about how their health or disability might affect their chance of getting a job
- Helping to fill in application forms and create an up to date CV
- Working beside people in the job to help them learn and settle in if necessary
- Giving support to access benefit advice
- Listening to how the job is going and giving advice if and when it's needed
Eligibility for support depends upon certain criteria for individual projects. To find out if someone is eligible please contact us on the details below.
In Southampton, our projects support:
- Southampton City Council tenants (TEEM)
- People with mental health issues who access Southampton's Community Mental Health Teams
- People with learning disabilities (Learning Disability Employment Service)
- Young Adults Employment Hub – support for young people aged 16-25 to find employment and training
- People receiving a service from Southampton’s drug and alcohol services (ESDAS)
- Neurodiverse individuals, including those who have learning disabilities and autism (Solent Get Into Employment)
- Perinatal Mental Health Project (PATH)
The Employment Support Team deliver free employability training to learners aged 19+. More information is available in the flyer. If you are interested in attending please contact us and find out when the next course if running.
The Employment Support Team currently run the following work clubs which are open to all:
|Mondays||Bitterne Library, IT Room, SO18 5EG||10am to 12pm|
|Mondays||Weston Library, 68 Weston Lane, SO19 9HH||1pm to 3pm|
|Wednesdays||Northam Community Centre, Kent Street, SO14 5SP||10am to 12pm|
|Thursdays||Central Library, Learning Centre 1st Floor, SO14 7LR||3pm to 5pm|
Telephone: 023 8091 7868
For more information or to make a referral to any of our projects, please visit Access Southampton.