You can use one of the library computers, completely free, for up to two hours per day. You could use our computers to:
- Create a CV, letters, spreadsheets, databases and presentations using Microsoft Office
- Search for jobs and complete application forms
- Apply for benefits and local authority housing
- Access the internet
- Research your family history
- Connect to a range of Digital Library applications
To use the computers you will need your Southampton library card and PIN. If you don’t have a card, visit your local library with ID showing your name and address e.g. bank statement/driving licence and join immediately or join the library online and a card will be posted to you.
Visitors to the city wishing to use the computers can apply for a temporary membership. This is valid for three months. Ask staff in branch for details.
Printing, photocopying and scanning (charges apply) facilities are available at most libraries.
Unfortunately, our 'print anywhere' service previously known as PrintMyDoc remains unavailable. We are actively working to source another supplier for this service and thank you for your patience.
Please note public access computers turn off 15 minutes before library closure.
If you need help using computers, find out how our Digital Champions can help you.