You can use one of the library computers free for 4 hours per day. You could use our computers to:
- Create CV, spreadsheets, databases and presentations
- Search for jobs and complete application forms
- Apply for benefits and local authority housing
- Access Internet and Email
- Research your family history
- Connect to the Digital Library
To use the computers you will need your Southampton library card and PIN. If you don’t have a card, visit your local library with ID showing your name and address e.g. bank statement/driving licence and join immediately or join the library online and a card will be posted to you.
Visitors to the city wishing to use the computers can apply for a temporary membership. This is valid for three months. Ask staff in branch for details.
Please note public access computers turn off 15 minutes before library closure.
All of our libraries have free Wi-Fi. The first time you try to connect you will be prompted to set-up an account with The Cloud (our Wi-Fi provider).