You can use one of the library computers free for 4 hours per day. You could use our computers to:
- Create CV, spreadsheets, databases and presentations
- Search for jobs and complete application forms
- Apply for benefits and local authority housing
- Access Internet and Email
- Research your family history
- Connect to the Digital Library
To use the computers you will need your Southampton library card and PIN. If you don’t have a card, visit your local library with ID showing your name and address e.g. bank statement/driving licence or join the library online and a card will be posted to you.
Visitors to the city wishing to use the computers can apply for a temporary Internet ticket. This is valid for three weeks. Ask staff for details.
Printing, photocopying and scanning (charges apply
) facilities are available at most libraries. List of libraries.
All of our libraries have free Wi-Fi. The first time you try to connect you will be prompted to set-up an account with The Cloud (our Wi-Fi provider).
Terms and Conditions for Computer Use in Libraries