Our city’s priorities – if you are aged 18 or under now’s the time to vote!
We have spent the past few months consulting with you on your thoughts and feelings about life in Southampton. We are pleased to be able to share our findings and for you to vote on the priorities Child Friendly Southampton will work on for the next 2-5 years.
To vote follow these steps:
- Watch our animation to find out what children and young people think about Southampton: Animation
- Read more about what children and young people think: Child Friendly Report
- Learn about the topics / badges you can vote on: Badges and Badge explanations
- Then when you are ready, select the button below to submit your vote
If you work with Children and young people, there are ways you can get them involved
Option 1 – Download the Remote Participation Pack to upskill yourself on all things Child Friendly and run the activities we have provided
Option 2 – Download the Remote Participation Pack to upskill yourself on all things Child Friendly and turn our activity into one of your own, this may better suit the young people you work with. You know who they and what they enjoy!
In the pack you will find:
- Information about Child Friendly Cities
- Information about the ‘Discovery’ stage of the Child Friendly programme
- Principles on a Child Rights based approach to working
- How we are using children and young people’s data
- What Informed consent is and how you can implement it
- Ways to be inclusive of all the children and young people you work with
- Next steps
- How to contact us
- The activities!
You can skip straight to the voting here
The following information is designed to help Children and Young People understand what others think and feel about Southampton and for them to make an informed decision on the programme badges they would like to vote for as their top priorities.