Practical information, tips and policies for community groups to help start, fund and run a local community group.
- Sign up to receive the communities newsletter or information about jobs, training, events and to be involved in consultations
- Access voluntary and community grants and funding bulletins
- Check the diversity calendar to help you decide when to hold an event
- The United Nations calendar of world awareness dates
- Existing community groups you can join
- Tenants' associations - Work Clubs community-based support for unemployed people
Keeping in touch with Southampton communities
- Southampton communities Facebook page
- Southampton communities on twitter
- Community jobs information
- Southampton Communities email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Templates, policies and guides for community groups
- Community group templates
- Community group guides - on starting, running or funding your community group
- Community group policies - Legal and statutory policies to help you run your local community group
Other useful organisations that provide community support
- Charity Commission - starting and running charities.
- Southampton Voluntary Services - local organisation providing support, training and information on volunteering to people and other organisations.
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations - publications on governance for the voluntary and community sector (charges apply for some).
- Business in the Community - business-led charity focused on promoting responsible business practice.
- Training for Work in Communities - develop community work skills and have learning accredited and to gain qualifications, some courses are free.
The diversity calendar
The diversity calendar produced by the Tenant Engagement Team; the calendar has information on national, international, UN, faith and fun days and it might help you decide when to hold an event.