Practical information, tips and policies for community groups to help start, fund and run a local community group.
- Sign up to receive the Stronger communities newsletter
- Access voluntary and community grants and funding bulletins
- Check the diversity calendar to help you decide when to hold an event
- View the United Nations calendar of world awareness dates
Keeping in touch with Stronger Communities
- Stronger Communities Facebook page
- Stronger Communities Facebook group
- Stronger Communities email: email@example.com
- Child Friendly Facebook page
- Child Friendly on Instagram
Templates, policies and guides for community groups
- Useful community group guides on starting, running or funding your community group as well as legal and statutory policies.
Other useful organisations that provide community support
- Charity Commission - starting and running charities.
- Southampton Voluntary Services - local organisation providing support, training and information on volunteering to people and other organisations.
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations - publications on governance for the voluntary and community sector (charges apply for some).
- Business in the Community - business-led charity focused on promoting responsible business practice.
- Training for Work in Communities - develop community work skills and have learning accredited and to gain qualifications, some courses are free.
The diversity calendar
The diversity calendar produced by the Tenant Engagement Team; the calendar has information on national, international, UN, faith and fun days and it might help you decide when to hold an event.