Section 106 Agreements

Following the introduction of the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL), the council revised its Developer Contributions SPD (September 2013). This guidance covers CIL, Planning obligations (Section 106 Agreements) and planning conditions. This guidance covers CIL, Planning obligations (Section 106 Agreements) and planning conditions.

The CIL replaces Section 106 contributions for many forms of infrastructure. Section 106 contributions will however continue to be used for site specific infrastructure including affordable housing. Some sites will make both a CIL payment and a Section 106 contribution.

How can I make payment?

You may pay the planning obligation using the following payment methods:


The best way to make a payment is by paying online.


Before you make a payment

You won't be able to save this form to complete later, so please allow yourself a couple of minutes to fill in the form.

You will need:

  • Payment card (registered with 3D secure)
  • Application reference number
  • Site or planning location address
  • Amount to be paid

Pay online

If you have trouble making an online payment, please email the Council’s S106 Officer.


Please ensure you enter your invoice number, which can be found on the correspondence you will have received, as the payment reference. The account details are:

  • Sort code: 30-00-00
  • Account no: 00332526

Frequently asked questions

My development is CIL liable and also subject to a S106 Agreement, do I need to pay both? SHOW

Why do I still need to complete a S106 Agreement? SHOW

My development is not viable if I pay both S106 and CIL, what options are available? SHOW

Outside of the Planning Obligations what fees will I be liable to pay to complete a S106 Agreement? SHOW

If you have a question about a discharge of planning obligations within a S106 please contact the Planning Agreements Officer. Please note there is a charge of £97 for this information.

Planning Agreements Officer

You can contact the Planning Agreements Officer online.

Tel: 023 8083 4247 or 07392 864595