The Bassett Neighbourhood Plan was 'made' (adopted) by the council on Wednesday 20 July 2016. The plan now forms part of the council's Local Development Plans and will be used for guiding decisions on planning applications in the ward.
- Made (Adopted) Bassett Neighbourhood Plan (Final Version July 2016)
- Made (Adopted) Bassett Neighbourhood Plan Supporting Annex (July 2016) - part of the evidence base for the Plan
- Final Decision Statement for the Made (Adopted) Bassett Neighbourhood Plan
The referendum for the plan was held on Thursday 25 February 2016 and asked the following question:
'Do you want Southampton City Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Bassett to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?'
A total of 93.6% of those voting voted 'yes' in favour of the plan. The turnout for the referendum was 21.4%.
A Decision Statement was published in January 2016 following receipt of the Examiner's Report. This confirmed that the council agreed changes to the plan with the Bassett Neighbourhood Forum following the examiner's recommendations and that the plan should proceed to the referendum stage.
The examination was undertaken through written representations following a six-week consultation on the Publication Version of the Plan which took place between 10 February 2015 and 24 March 2015. This along with the following documents were submitted to the examiner:
- Bassett Neighbourhood Plan Publication Consultation Schedule of Responses
- Bassett Neighbourhood Plan Basic Conditions Statement
- Draft Plan Consultation Statement
- SEA and HRA Formal Screening Opinion and Sustainability Appraisal of Publication Plan
- SEA/SA and HRA Screening Report for Draft Plan
- Bassett Ward Map
The Publication Version of the Plan was preceded by the publication of a Draft Plan which was subject to consultation over a six week period between 29 August 2014 and 10 October 2014.
The Bassett Neighbourhood Area and Neighbourhood Forum were formally designated by council in December 2013. The designations led to the initial stages of preparing the draft plan.
- For enquiries about the process to ‘make’ the Bassett Neighbourhood Plan, please email the planning policy team at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 023 8083 3919
- For enquiries relating to the policies and content of the Bassett Neighbourhood Plan, please email Mr Les Harris, Chair of the Bassett Neighbourhood Forum, at email@example.com or telephone 023 8076 6701