Who can apply for a disabled parking bay?
You can apply for a disabled parking bay to be installed if you meet all the following criteria:
- You hold a valid blue badge
- You drive or are driven on a regular basis in a vehicle registered and kept at your address
- You do not have any suitable off-road parking such as a driveway or garage
- You often find it difficult to park close to your house
Where can a disabled parking bay be located?
As part of the application a preferred location for the bay can be suggested. However, the exact location will be determined by the Council, have considering all the relevant factors.
It’s important to be aware that a bay will not be provided in the following locations:
- Anywhere which is considered unsafe either for the bay user or other road users.
- Opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction
- Within the turning head of a cul-de-sac
- Where a clearway, no stopping restriction or no waiting restriction applies
- On the pavement or a verge, unless the area has been specifically adapted to accommodate parking
- Any non-highway road
If you meet the above criteria, you can use the online form to apply for a disabled bay.
Before you fill in this form
You won't be able to save this form to complete later, so please allow yourself up to five minutes to fill in the form.
We aim will contact you within 10 working days.
Please note that to complete the application you will need to provide:
- A copy or photograph of both sides of your blue badge.
- A copy or photograph of your vehicle registration document (V5C log book). This must show the same address as your application for the disabled parking bay
Once a disabled parking bay application has been approved, it can take up to six months for the bay marking and sign to be installed, depending on when our contractors are working in the area and subject to weather conditions.