History of Westgate Hall
Westgate Hall was once situated in St Michael’s Square when it was the town’s fish market and cloth hall. Dismantled in 1634, the timbers were then used to construct this beautiful building. It was then used as a store, warehouse and archaeological store before becoming a venue for conferences, concerts and wedding receptions.
Over the years it has seen the start of many historic journeys. Henry and his troops off to Agincourt, the Pilgrim Fathers off to a new life in America and the Allied troops off to the Normandy beaches for the D-Day landings. Today, it is the start of a new journey of a different kind for any couple who choose to say their vows to each other here.