Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction calculator

If you are on a low income, Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction can help you to pay some or all of your rent and Council Tax costs.

From 22 February 2017, you cannot make a new claim for Housing benefit in this area unless you are one of the eligible groups. Instead you will need to make a claim for Universal Credit.

See: Claiming Housing Benefit after 22 February 2017

If you can still claim Housing Benefit or you are making a claim for Council Tax Reduction and you would like to find out how much you may be entitled to, you can access external benefit calculators using the links below:

Benefits calculator - Turn2Us

Policy in Practice - Better off calculator

If you are a private tenant you will need to know the Local Housing Allowance figure that relates to you.

Please remember that any calculation will be a rough guide of entitlement to Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction.

See also:

Local Housing Allowance

If you do have some entitlement to benefit, payment will (generally) start from the Monday following the date we receive a completed application form. To make sure you don't miss out: complete a form as soon as possible.

Apply for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction

See also:

How we work out benefit

When will my claim start from?

Need help with the cost of living?

Sign up to City News to get the latest updates and support.

Sign me up Maybe later