Large bulky items in good condition can sometimes be passed on for reuse or recycling. This includes:
- Electrical appliances, for example fridges
Should this item be donated?
Before passing on an item consider:
- If the item has been stored indoors or undercover
- If it's an electrical appliance, is it fully working
- If it's an upholstered item, does it have a red or blue fire label attached
- Would you buy or take this item?
Who can I donate to?
Some charities may accept items meeting these points. A small charge may be made for collection, but some are free:
- SCRATCH helps families in need. They are based on Mount Pleasant Industrial Estate and always require good quality furniture and electrical appliances. Visit SCRATCH.
- British Heart Foundation furniture and electrical store
- DEBRA furniture collection
- Naomi House have a number of shops and facilities you can donate to
- Oxfam shops in Southampton
- Sue Ryder shops
Supermarket notice boards or newspapers are other options.