Request a copy of a birth certificate using our online form.
We are only able to supply certificates for births where:
- The birth took place within the Southampton City Boundary (SO14-SO19)
- The birth has been since 1 July 1837
- The required information indicated below is provided
If you are unsure if your request meets the above conditions, find out more about ordering a certificate.
Before you fill in this form
You won't be able to save this form to complete later, so please allow yourself up to 10 minutes to fill in the form.
You will need the following information, other than payment card details which is required for all orders, the other information is required for births where the date of birth is less than 50 years prior to the date of application:
- Payment card (registered with 3D secure)
- Forename(s) and Surname at birth
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Father’s surname and forenames (if stated on the entry)
- Mother’s forename(s) and maiden surname (if applicable)
After attending your appointment, please fill in our customer survey. We are always interested in your feedback and ideas and appreciate your comments.