Request a copy of a death certificate using our online form.
The deceased MUST be registered before you can use this service to apply for certificates.
To book an appointment to register the death and to purchase certificates for your appointment, please visit booking a death registration appointment.
We can only provide a death certificate if:
- The death took place within the Southampton City Boundary (SO14-SO19)
- The death has been since 1 July 1837
- The required information indicated below is provided
If you are unsure if your request meets the above conditions, find out more about ordering a certificate.
Before you fill in this form
You won't be able to save this form to complete later, so please allow yourself up to 10 minutes to fill in the form.
You will need the following information. Additionally*, where the deceased was under the age of 16 and died within the last 50 years, you will need to provide:
- Relationship to deceased
- Father’s forename and surname
- Mother’s forename and surname
- Payment card (registered with 3D secure)
- Forename(s) and Surname of deceased
- Date of death
- Age at death
- Place of death/last known address
- *Relationship to deceased
- *Father’s forename and surname
- *Mother’s forename and surname
After attending your appointment, please fill in our customer survey. We are always interested in your feedback and ideas and appreciate your comments.