Gambling Act 2005
The Gambling Act 2005 requires Southampton City Council to have regard to the licensing objectives when carrying out its licensing functions.
The licensing objectives are:
- preventing gambling from being a source of crime or disorder, being associated with crime or disorder or being used to support crime
- ensuring that gambling is conducted in a fair and open way, and
- protecting children and other vulnerable persons from being harmed or exploited by gambling
Set out below is a summary of the main subject areas. Please note that the Act requires anyone applying for a premises licence to hold a Gambling Operator’s licence from the Gambling Commission for that activity.
- Premises licences
- Gaming permits
- Occasional use and temporary use notices
- Gambling Act 2005 - Statement of Principles
- Fees under the Gambling Act 2005
The public register of licences, permits, notices and registrations under the Gambling Act 2005 is available from: