Premises licences

Under the Gambling Act 2005 Southampton City Council is the licensing authority for premises licences for each of the following activities:

  • Betting Shops
  • Bingo Halls
  • Casinos
  • Adult Gaming Centres
  • Family Entertainment Centres (if having category C and D machines)

Before an application can be made for a premises licence from the licensing authority, an operators' licence is required from the Gambling Commission. Application can be made for a provisional statement without an operator's licence, but one must be obtained before a premises licence can be obtained.

Prescribed forms of application and notices: you are strongly advised to take independent legal advice before submitting your application to ensure that you comply with all the legal requirements.

Further information is available from the Gambling Commission