What is Adopt South?
Adopt South is a new Regional Adoption Agency formed through the partnership between Southampton City Council, Hampshire County Council, Isle of Wight Council, Portsmouth City Council.
Adopt South takes responsibility for:
- Recruiting, assessing and approving adopters across the partnership's region
- Matching children in need of adoptive families
- Supporting families post Adoption Order
This exciting way of providing adoption services in the region streamlines the processes for adopters and leads to more positive outcomes for children. This partnership means all four local authorities have a dedicated focus on children and adoptive families across the region. Adopt South:
- Helps children move into their adoptive placements more quickly
- Brings together the skills and experience of more than 100 Children's Services professionals
- Provides a greater range of post-adoption support to adopted children and their families
The following types of support can be provided:
- Support groups for children, adopted adults, adopters and birth parents
- Support with contact arrangements
- Therapeutic support
- Financial support
- Support for adult adoptees tracing members of their birth family
Visit Adopt South online if you are interested in becoming an adoptive parent.
You can also contact us on our single, central helpline on 0300 3000 011, or make an enquiry online.