If you wish to view CCTV footage, please complete our online form to make your request:
Please note that CCTV footage is only held for 31 days, so please make your request as soon as possible.
Before you fill in this form
You won't be able to save this form to complete later, so please allow yourself a couple of minutes to fill it in.
You can you see the locations of CCTV cameras with our interactive map.
Once secured, we will provide you with a reference number for the footage.
You will need to provide:
- Details of the incident such as location, times and dates
- Location and details of the CCTV or traffic cameras. Our online form has an map with cameras displayed, or you can use our interactive map
Releasing the footage
If you are not the only person in the footage, we will only release CCTV footage to you directly if we don't have any privacy concerns. These concerns will be because one or more of the following apply:
- The length of footage is too long, meaning that the amount of personal information captured is too great. Generally, requests for footage should be limited to half an hour
- There is a high likelihood of individuals being identified
- The risk of prejudice to those individuals if re-identification occurs is high
- The individuals in the footage have a higher expectation of privacy due to the location of the camera
- The incident captured is of a sensitive nature (e.g. a criminal offence or road traffic accident)
If there are other people in the footage and we have privacy concerns, we will not be able to release the footage to you directly. If we cannot release the footage to you directly, the Police or your insurance company have powers to request this information on your behalf, and we may be able to release it to them instead.
If an organisation (other than the police) makes a request for CCTV footage, a non-refundable fee of £60.00 may be payable. Please see our Access to Information Charging Policy (pdf) for further details.
For further information you can contact us.