Information requests about other people

Southampton City Council won't release personal information it holds to third parties unless we have consent or are legally entitled to do so.

We will generally only release personal information to the following organisations, where they can show they have the authority to request it:

  • Police
  • HM Revenue and Customs
  • Child Support Agency
  • Health and Safety Executive
  • Official Receiver
  • Insurance Companies
  • Solicitors

If you are one of these organisations, and believe you have the authority to make a request for somebody’s personal data, please complete our third party request for data form and send it to us.

Third party request for data form

Send the completed form online or write to:

Information Lawyer (Data Protection Officer)
Southampton City Council
Corporate Legal Team
Civic Centre
SO14 7LT

Please see our guidance document on the various authorities for requesting information, or the Information Commissioner’s Office’s website for more information.