The Safe City Partnership is a statutory partnership that brings together organisations and commissioners with responsibility for keeping people safe. It is responsible for the delivery of the Safe City Strategy which is refreshed yearly using evidence from the Safe City Strategic Assessment.
Some of the Partnerships success in 2018
- Total recorded crime in Southampton is slowing to 2.3%, from 10.7% in 2016/17. This compares with a 6.0% increase in total recorded crime for all of Hampshire Constabulary and a 12.8% increase in England.
- A decline of 14.1% in the total number of recorded burglaries in 2017/18
- A 2.1% decrease in vehicle offences since 2016/17
- There has been a reduction in both the number of road collisions and the number of road casualties
- Drug offences are down by 8%, 722 recorded offences in 2016/17 to 664 offences recorded in 2017/18
- There has also be a further reduction in the number of threats to kill, down 5.2% in 2017/18 (110) from 116 in 2016/17
- Dan Tasker , Group Commander, Hampshire Fire and Rescue (Chair)
- Sandra Jerrim - Senior Commissioning Manager, Southampton City Council (Vice Chair)
- Superintendent Kelly Whiting, Hampshire Constabulary
- Philip Lamb - Chief Inspector, Hampshire Constabulary
- Barbara Swyer - Head of Operations, Community Rehabilitation Company
- Emma Lewis - Director of Intelligence, Insight and Communications, Southampton City Council
- Hilary Brooks - Director of Children and Families, Southampton City Council
- Dr Jason Horsley - Director of Public Health, Southampton City Council and Portsmouth City Council
- Jason Murphy - Service Manager 0-19, Southampton City Council
- Jo Ash - Chief Executive, Southampton Voluntary Services
- John Richards - Chief Executive Officer, Southampton Clinical Commissioning Group
- Mitch Sanders - Service Director - Transactions & Universal Services, Southampton City Council
- Sarah Beattie - Assistant Chief Officer, National Probation Service
- Steve Smith - Housing Services Manager, Southampton City Council
If you have any queries about the partnership please email email@example.com.