With the special decorating scheme two rooms can be decorated once every seven years, free of charge.
When the budget has been spent for the current year, properties are added to the waiting list for the next year's budget.
Qualifying for the decorating scheme
To qualify for this scheme every tenant at the property must meet the following criteria:
- Every tenant living at the property must be be 75 years old or over, or be in receipt of one of the following disability benefits:
- Attendance Allowance/Constant Attendance Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment
- Employment & Support Allowance: Main Phase: (Support Group or Work Related Activity Group)
- Housing Benefit (with Disability Premium or Higher Pensioner Premium)
- Income Support (with Disability Premium or Higher Pensioner Premium)
- Industrial Injuries Benefits
- War Disablement Pension
The tenants must have lived at the property for a minimum of seven years
It must be at least seven years since the tenant last had decorating carried out under this scheme at this property
There must be no arrears for rent or rechargeable repairs
There must not be an active 'Right to Buy' application
Apply for the special decorating scheme
To apply for the special decorating scheme, please complete the following form:
Before you fill in this form
You won't be able to save this form to complete later, so please allow yourself up to five minutes to fill it in.
If you have already applied for the decorating scheme and want to enquire about your request, please contact us.