Not only is volunteering a great way to give back to your community but it can also provide many benefits to both mental and physical health. Volunteering can help you to:
- Counteract the effects of stress, anger, and anxiety
- Combat depression
- Feel happy
- Increase self-confidence
- Gain a sense of purpose
- Help you stay physically healthy
- Make new friends
- Learn new skills and pass on existing ones
Our volunteering opportunities include:
- Southampton's local history collections
- Home library service
- Ranger at Hawthorns Centre
- SeaCity Museum Volunteer
- Tudor House & Garden Volunteer
Whatever your experience or the amount of time you can give there are opportunities for everyone at Southampton City Council. If you would like to see more information about the library, SeaCity or Tudor House museums then please select the photo below.
All successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
For more information about volunteering in Southampton please visit our Community Involvement pages.