Southampton Music Hub is the leading provider of music education in Southampton. The hub is a partnership of local, regional and national organisations, led by Southampton Music Services, working together to build an ambitious and innovative music programme that reflects the cultural and artistic diversity of our city. Together we are dedicated to delivering life-changing musical experiences that create a lasting legacy of musical engagement to enrich the life, health and well-being of our children and our community.
Southampton Music Hub supports the delivery of the National Plan for Music Education across the city. The hub will ensure that children from all backgrounds have the opportunity to learn a musical instrument; to make music with others; to learn to sing; and to have the opportunity to progress to the next level of excellence if they wish to.
In this role, the hub is pleased to offer the following services:
- First access - Ensuring every child has the opportunity to learn a musical instrument – an opportunity currently being provided to over 1450 across the city
- Instrumental lessons, progression and loans - Providing access to affordable, high quality lessons and instruments for over 4650 children this year alone
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and resources - Supporting teachers and schools with a broad programme of resources, training and events
- Ensembles - With over 450 members in 20 city ensembles, as well as support for school based ensembles, every child has the opportunity to perform and progress
- Vocal development - Supporting singing activities across all our schools and the community, reaching in over 10,000 children and families