This page exists to help you to promote wellbeing at work and reduce stress in the workplace.
- Self management of stress - For those who need to learn more about stress and how it affects you and others.
- Management of wellbeing at work - Managers need to know how to assess the risks of stress and pragmatic means of managing stress in their area of control.
- To book training, please go to Learning and Development page
Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Demands – this includes issues such as workload, work patterns and the work environment.
- Control – how much say the person has in the way they do their work.
- Support – this includes the encouragement, sponsorship and resources provided by the organisation, line management and colleagues.
- Relationships – this includes promoting positive working to avoid conflict and dealing with unacceptable behaviour.
- Role – whether people understand their role within the organisation and whether the organisation ensures that they do not have conflicting roles.
- Change – how organisational change (large or small) is managed and communicated in the organisation.
HSE Stress indicator tool set
- Managers manual to using the indicator tool
- Stress indicator staff questionnaire
- Analysis tool Excel
Training and useful information