This section has been designed to provide Southampton City Council maintained schools with important updates, alerts and contact information.
Information and alerts
For pension information, please refer to the following:
- Teachers – Teachers' Pensions
- Support staff – Local government pension scheme (including annual benefit statements)
Council and school HR and payroll responsibilities SHOW
Please be aware that the following guidance has been produced for maintained schools detailing Council and School responsibilities in regards to provision of HR and Payroll.
Council and School Responsibilities in Regards to the Provision of Human Resources and Payroll
Department of Education useful guidance and publications SHOW
Please see below for links to various Procedures and Guidance available on the Department of Education website.
- Managing headteacher performance
- Managing appeals against pay determination
- Agency workers regulations
- Disciplinary procedures for the teaching profession
- Equality Act 2010 - guidance for schools
- Governors handbook
- Managing staff employment in schools
- Keeping children safe in education
- Guidance for safer working practices
- Statutory schools policies
- Teacher misconduct - the prohibition of teachers
- Teachers' standards