Financial support for families of children with SEND

Caring for a child or young person with a Special Educational Need or Disability (SEND) can involve extra or unexpected costs. There are various sources of financial support available to help with these costs. You can find details of these on this page.

Visit the government's Help if you have a disabled child website for general information.

Disability Living Allowance (DLA) SHOW

Carer's Allowance SHOW

Child Tax Credits SHOW

Personal Independence Payments SHOW

Disabled Student's Allowance SHOW

Disabled Facilities Grants SHOW

Family Fund SHOW

You can also visit our cost of living pages for support and advice.