Renew your resident parking permit (not Zone A)
You can renew your resident permit online if you either:
- Received a residents' parking permit renewal letter
- Have a permit expiring within the next 21 days
The charges for renewing a permit will be the same as when you first applied for your resident permit. See charges for parking permits.
The permit must not have expired over 21 days ago, and you must not have changed address since your permit was issued.
If your permit expired over 21 days ago, or you have changed address since your permit was issued, you will need to apply for a new residents' permit instead.
You also cannot renew temporary permits (one month or three month permits) online. You would need to apply for a new resident permit instead.
Remember: It is the permit holder's responsibility to renew their parking permit on time. You may be liable to receive a parking ticket (penalty charge notice) if you park in a permit holder’s space and your permit has been expired for more than seven days.
Before you fill in this form
You won't be able to save this form to complete later, so please allow yourself five minutes to fill in the form.
You will need to provide the following documents, if you’re unsure on what type of proofs to provide, find out more about the types of documents we accept.
- Proof of vehicle ownership
- Permit number
- Payment card (registered with 3D secure)
- A printer - you can carry on without a printer but you will need one to print the temporary permit
- If you are not the registered keeper of the vehicle because it belongs to an employer, parent, business, or partner for example, you will also need to provide a letter of authorisation from the keeper or company. More information in our frequently asked questions below
Once your online application is submitted and paid for, you can print a three-week temporary permit to display in your vehicle while your annual permit is being processed.
We aim to process your application within two working days of your request. Once we have processed your application, you should receive your permit in the post within seven working days.
Remember: If we ask you for more information, you need to respond within three months, or your application will be closed, and you will not be refunded.
If you are unable to renew online, you can either renew:
- By post: Sign the statement on your reminder letter and return it with your payment
- At Gateway: It is advised to book an appointment. Please call our Customer Services team on 023 8083 2005
Alternatively, if you do not wish to make an appointment, you can visit Gateway and wait in the queue. However, priority is given to customers with an appointment and at busy times you may be required to wait.
Warning: Section 115 of the Road Traffic Regulations Act, 1984
Provides penalties for any person who makes a false statement to obtain a permit or with intent to deceive, forges, or alters, or uses, or lends to, or allows to be used, or has in their possession any document so closely resembling any such permit as to be calculated to deceive.
Misuse of a parking permit is fraud. We will investigate all reports of the misuse of permits.