A permit is required to park in residents' permit zones during restricted hours.
To apply for a permit online, you will need:
- To upload proof of your address and vehicle ownership - A smartphone photograph will do
- Your student reference number (if applicable)
- To make the payment with a credit or debit card. Your card must be registered for 3D Secure for the payment to be successful
- A printer (only if you need to print temporary permits, where applicable)
Use the boxes below to select which permit to apply for.
We aim to process your permit application within two working days of your request. Once we have processed your application, you should receive your permit in the post within seven working days.
Please note: If we ask you for more information, and you do not respond within three months, your application will be closed and you will not be refunded.
If you are unable to go online
Replace a parking permit
If you have lost your parking permit and need to replace it there is no need to re-apply. Replacing a parking permit will cost £14 and can be done in person at Gateway.
Cancel a parking permit
A parking permit can be cancelled either via post or in person at Gateway.
- If you chose to cancel via post, you will need to include a written request to cancel along with the old permit
- If you wish to re-apply for a permit, you will need to wait until the previous permit has been cancelled before applying for a new one
Postal address: Parking Services, Southampton City Council, Civic Centre, Southampton, SO14 7LR