There are six reasons you can appeal against the bus lane PCN:
- The contravention did not occur
- The same offence has been the subject of a Fixed Penalty Notice or is the subject of criminal proceedings
- You were not the registered owner/keeper of the vehicle at the time of the contravention
- You were not the hirer of the vehicle at the time of the contravention
- That the Penalty Charge Notice exceeded the relevant amount
- You were the registered owner/keeper of the vehicle at the time of the contravention but it was:
- On hire to a driver who had signed a statement taking liability
- Kept by a motor trader
- Taken without the consent of the owner
These are set out under the Bus Lane Contraventions (Penalty Charges, Adjudication and Enforcement)(England) Regulations 2005.
The Authority may also consider other representation if the registered keeper/owner feels that there are other mitigating circumstances.
If you do not think that you should have to pay this penalty charge, you can appeal online:
You can also write to us.
Address: Southampton City Council, PO Box 1098, Southampton SO14 7WE
Please note: Representations cannot be taken or considered over the telephone. If you have any other enquiries, please call:
Telephone: 023 8083 3008
- Monday: 8.30am to 5pm
- Tuesday: 8.30am to 5pm
- Wednesday: 9am to 5pm
- Thursday: 8.30am to 5pm
- Friday: 8.30am to 4.30pm
- Closed bank holidays