What proof do I need?

We will need to see the following proofs to support your application

  1. National Insurance Number proof
  2. Identity proof
  3. Rent proof
  4. Income and capital proof
  5. Proof for the other people who live with you

If you do not have all the requested proofs, do not delay in making your application, any outstanding proofs can be provided at a later date.

You can upload documents with your application or change of circumstances form. Alternatively, you can send documents to Benefit Services using our form.


Before you fill in this form

You won't be able to save this form to complete later, so please allow yourself at least five minutes to fill in the form.

You will need:

  • Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction number
  • National Insurance number

Submit an enquiry

Documents can also be posted or supplied at Gateway.

Do not post valuable documents

It is now possible to upload documents when you use our new claim, change of address or change in circumstance form.