Identity proof

We need to see two forms of identity proof for you and your partner. Proof can be any from the following list:

  • Birth certificate, marriage certificate or divorce, separation, or annulment papers (in your current name). (If your name has changed following marriage, send your marriage certificate as well)
  • Passport (current and valid) or National Identity card
  • TV Licence
  • Department for Work and Pensions benefit award letter
  • Medical card
  • Gas, electricity, phone, water rates bill (but not a mobile phone bill) for the last quarter
  • Driving licence - full or provisional
  • Tax Credit award letter
  • Bank statement
  • Certificate of employment in HM Forces or Merchant Navy
  • Letter from solicitor, social worker or probation officer
  • Home Office standard acknowledgement letter (SAL1 or SAL2)
  • Residence Permit or Aliens Registration Certificate or Immigration and Nationality Directorate Travel Document or Worker’s Registration Certificate
  • Payslip in your name