National Insurance Number proof

We will need to see one form of National Insurance Number proof for you and your partner, it can be any of the documents listed below:

  • National Insurance number card
  • P45 or P60
  • Tax Credit Letter
  • Wage slip or salary statement
  • Occupational pension payslip
  • Letter from the Inland Revenue about Income Tax or tax code
  • A Department for Work and Pensions letter containing your National Insurance Number
  • A completed employer’s certificate of earnings can be accepted provided it shows your National Insurance number
  • Bank statement showing payments by direct debit for Class 2 National Insurance contributions or receipt of a Department for Work and Pensions benefit for example Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance

If you have made a claim for benefit at the Jobcentre Plus, we may not need to see proof.