Becoming a foster carer with us means that you’ll be joining the Southampton family. Our staff and foster carers encompass a caring support network with a unified aim: to provide local children with a local foster home that is safe, caring and supportive and offers the very best standards of care.
As part of the Southampton fostering family you will benefit from:
- Competitive rates of fees and allowances
- Additional financial incentives for specialist fostering and the opportunity to progress through the professional fostering skills levels
- Regular support and supervision from a dedicated fostering social worker
- A comprehensive training pathway covering a wide range of topics from understanding attachment and trauma to supporting a child with special educational needs and navigating adolescence
- 24/7 support from our Emergency Duty Team
- A wide range of support from the professional network, including other foster carers, children’s social workers, and therapeutic services, alongside support groups and social events
- Membership with the Southampton Foster Carers Association, and FosterTalk who provide independent support and advice
- Membership of New Family Social who provide independent support and advice for LGBTQ+ foster carers
Southampton City Council is a fostering friendly employer, as recognised by The Fostering Network. We have a dedicated policy to support employees who are foster carers or who are interested in becoming one.