Complaints about Councillors

Making a complaint about a Councillor

Complaints about the conduct of Councillors, also known as Members, are outside the scope of Southampton City Council's complaints policy and procedures. They are dealt with under the Members’ Code of Conduct.

In accordance with the Localism Act 2011 the council must have arrangements in place to investigate any allegations about a Member breaching the Code of Conduct in order to reach a decision.

If you wish to make a complaint under the code of conduct, please fill in the Code of conduct for Councillors complaint form. Please also read the Members' Code of Conduct complaints procedure


Before you fill in this form

You won't be able to save this form to complete later, so please allow yourself a couple of minutes to fill in the form.

Code of conduct for Councillors complaint form

The Monitoring Officer will decide if a complaint requires investigation, subject to consultation with the Designated Independent Person. If the Monitoring Officer feels that it would be inappropriate to make a decision themselves, they can refer particular complaints to the Governance Committee.