Food business complaints

The Environmental Health service can investigate complaints about food products which pose a risk to public health, but many problems can be resolved by contacting the retailer or the manufacturer.

Food packaging will often have details for contacting the manufacturer or retailer directly if you are dissatisfied with a product. The Environmental Health Service is unable to help you with obtaining a refund or compensation.

Common food complaints

Damaged packaging SHOW

Contamination by foreign objects SHOW

Insects SHOW

Metal and glass SHOW

Rats and mice SHOW

Mould SHOW

Make a food complaint

The Environmental Health service can take action when public health or safety is at risk.

Make a complaint using the form below.

Report a food safety concern