Formerly known as Oaklands, Starboard Way is a development of 103 new council-owned homes off Fairisle Road in Lordshill featuring a mixture of council-rented and shared-ownership homes, while a proportion will also be made available to residents with care needs.
About the development
The scheme is comprised of one, two and three-bedroom houses and one and two-bedroom flats and benefits from a range of energy-efficient features. There will also be areas of formal and informal play across the site including the delivery of a new children’s play area in the centre of the scheme.
Starboard Way is set to complement the surrounding area and offer a contemporary street scene by including:
- Semi-detached pairs, short terraces and small blocks of two and three-storey flats
- A mixture of roof designs
- A range of energy-efficient features, such as solar panels
- Areas of formal and informal play across the site
- A cycle path will be rerouted through the development
- Electric charging points in car parking areas, plus improved electrical infrastructure (including substation upgrade) for houses to have the option for these to be installed at a later date
Take a tour of a brand new two-bedroom semi-detached new home at Starboard Way:
Information about shared ownership homes
Shared ownership offers those who can’t afford to buy a home through a traditional mortgage, the opportunity to buy a share of it.
You will pay rent, to cover the percentage of the property that you do not own. The more of the property you have a share in, the lower your rental payments will be. Further shares can be purchased and outright ownership is possible.
Have a question or would like more information?