What is building control?
All building work has to meet current codes and regulations. Building control ensures developments meet the minimum standards relating to the health, safety and welfare of people in and around buildings.
The requirements also promote energy conservation and make buildings suitable for the less able.
Southampton City Council offers building control services in partnership with Eastleigh Borough Council. We can offer these services outside the Southampton and Eastleigh boundaries, to both householders and major projects.
Building control for householders and small domestic projects
We provide an independent assessment of the project which will protect the interests of the householder.
Our service is competitively priced and offers many benefits:
- Local knowledge of ground conditions
- Electronic application and fee payment system
- Technical support
- A same-day response to site inspection requests
- In-house structural checking
- Issue of a completion certificate
Building control for business
We also provide independent assessments for new housing projects and other major commercial developments.
- More information on our commercial building control services
If you have any queries about our service, please contact us