Paying a parking fine

Public parking tickets are those which are issued by the council. A public parking ticket will be issued in the form of a penalty charge notice (PCN).

You will have 28 days to pay the PCN from the date it was served, but the earlier you pay the PCN, the less it will cost you. If you pay within 14 days of the PCN being served, the charge will be reduced by 50%.

Ways to pay

There are several ways to pay a PCN, from online to using our automated payment line. You will need your SN reference number to hand, which can be found at the top of your PCN, and the vehicle registration.


You can also use this service to pay a bus lane enforcement penalty charge.


Before you make a PCN payment

You won't be able to save this form to complete later, so please allow yourself up to five minutes to fill in the form.

You will need:

  • Payment card (registered with 3D secure)
  • Your penalty charge notice number, which can be found at the top of your PCN
  • Vehicle registration number

Pay your parking fine

Remember: Allow 24 hours from the time the PCN was served for your details to show in the system.

Other ways to pay

By phone SHOW

In person SHOW

What if I have lost my PCN?

If you have lost your PCN or you cannot find the SN reference number, contact our parking services team to request it.


Before you fill in this form

You won't be able to save this form to complete later, so please allow yourself a couple of minutes to fill in the form.

To verify your details, we will need a copy of either:

  • The front part of your V5C, showing your full name and vehicle registration
  • Certificate of Motor Insuranced

Contact us

What if I don't pay or I disagree with the penalty charge notice?

If you do not pay a PCN within 28 days, you will get a 'charge certificate' and will have 14 days to pay the original fine, plus 50% more. If you still do not pay, we will send you a 'court order' and the charge will be registered as a debt at the County Court. If the charge is still not paid we will instruct enforcement agents (bailiffs) to collect the outstanding debt. The enforcement agents will add their own fees on to the amount owed. If you have been contacted by a bailiff company and do not make arrangements to pay the debt, your vehicle or goods may be seized and sold at auction.

If you feel that you have been incorrectly issued a penalty charge notice, you can view the evidence or make a challenge against it. To find out how to challenge a parking fine and about the PCN process, visit our challenge a parking fine webpage.