Before you contact us to report your missed bin, please check that one of the following wasn't responsible for your missed collection.
- Was your bin/bag put out for collection on the correct day? If there has been a recent bank holiday, or if there is a bank holiday upcoming, your collection dates are likely to change. The collection calendar gives details of your collection dates
- Was your bin/bag clearly visible to the waste collection crew? Bins should be placed at the edge of your property (where gates or drives meet the pavement) unless you are on assisted collections
- Was your bin/bag left out before 6:30am? Our collection crews always begin their rounds at 6:30am, so please ensure that your bin is visible to crews from this time
- Are your bins/bags definitely supplied by Southampton City Council?
- Are you reporting the missed collection within two working days of the original collection day? Missed collections need to be reported within two working days of the original collection day. If your collection was due today, you can report a missed collection only after 4pm.
If you answered all of the above questions with 'yes' please complete a missed bin collection form.
The form will show you all the information we have on your most recent bin collections, as logged by the waste collection crew.
If your bin was in fact missed, you will be able to report it to the waste collection crew. We aim to return for a missed collection within two to five working days.
However, the current nationwide driver shortages mean we have struggled to cover seasonal staff holidays and sickness in recent weeks. Consequently, although we will try our hardest, we are unable to guarantee that a crew will be able to return to clear missed collections. Please ensure that your bin is clearly left at the boundary of your property for five working days following your missed collection, however we would ask that you bring it back in if it has not been emptied within this timescale and it will be emptied on your next collection day.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
If the answer to any of the questions is ‘No’ we will collect from you on your next due collection date, providing you have bins supplied by the council.
Please remember to take your bins back in after they have been emptied. Leaving your bins on the pavement is an offence as it causes a hazard for pedestrians.