Glass collections have been introduced across the city so Southampton residents can recycle more. Glass recycling goes into a separate box from your blue-lid recycling bin. Please see below for what glass recycling we can and can't accept from home collection.
We accept SHOW
We cannot accept SHOW
What do I need to do?
- Do not worry about removing the labels but please remove the lids, corks and tops (and put these in your normal general waste bin)
- Rinse out your glass bottles and jars and place them in your new glass collection box. Please do not overfill your box
- Place the bin in a clearly visible place at the front edge of your property boundary on your recycling day, the same day as your blue-lidded recycling bins
- Boxes are in a standard size only and do not have a lid. There are drainage holes in the base of the box in case of rain
- If you live in a house, please use your glass collection box and find collection dates on your collection calendar
- If you live in a flat, you may have a new collection bin for glass. If not, please take your glass to your nearest glass recycling bank