We recognise that parenting can be very rewarding however we all may find times when there is need for additional support. It’s the hardest job in the world with no instruction manual!
We host a wide range of resources which may help, from advice and learning programmes to support services.
A family hub is a place where children, young people and their families can go when in need of help and support. The staff within the family hubs will help you find and get help from different services in the area and will be able to give you information, advice and support.
Find out about the available services at our family hubs.
You can also attend a range of activities, including stay and play sessions and parent support groups as well as parenting and community learning programmes.
Online resources and courses
- Family links – provides parents with step-by-step guidance, practice sheets and YouTube videos, they also offer a Mental and Emotional Health in Schools course
- NSPCC Learning – has a selection of parenting resources
- NSPCC – has advice about keeping children safe
- Pacey – offers advice for choosing childcare, returning to work and starting school
- Family Corner – has expert articles, activity ideas and online learning sessions for key areas of child development
- Early years alliance – offer fun, practical activities to promote children’s learning and development
- The Lullaby Trust – raises awareness of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) and provides expert advice on safer sleep for babies