Visiting forces, international organisations, or diplomats may be eligible for a single person discount.
Already know you're eligible? Apply quickly and easily online now.
Before you fill in this form
You won't be able to save this form to complete later, so please allow yourself up to 5-10 minutes to fill in the form.
When considering the number of adults living in a property, we do not count certain people. These include:
- Members of visiting forces and dependants, for example lodging with British citizens
- Members of international headquarters and defence organisations and their dependants
- Diplomats and senior officials (and their dependants) of certain international organisations
- Full time students, student nurses, apprentices and youth training trainees
- Certain non-British spouses and dependants of students (who are not entitled to claim benefits)
- Patients living in hospital/care homes
- People who are severely mentally impaired
- Care workers working for low pay, usually for charities
- People staying in certain hostels or night shelters
- Members of religious communities
- 18/19 year old who are at, or have just left school, where child benefit is still in payment
- People caring for someone with a disability who is not a spouse, partner, or child under eighteen years old
- People who are in prison, hospital or any other place by a court (except those who in prison for not paying their Council Tax or fine)