Moving out of Southampton? Cancel Council Tax

If you are moving out of the area, you can use the form to let us know. This should be around a month before you leave the property.


Before you fill in this form

You won't be able to save this form to complete later, so please allow yourself 10 minutes to fill in the form.

You will need:

  • Your Council Tax account number (you can find this on any bills or notices we’ve sent you or if you have a Direct Debit or pay via your bank, your payment reference number)
  • Date your tenancy will end/sale completed on the property
  • The date you are moving out
  • Name and address of the landlord or agent (if renting)/new owners if possible (if selling)
  • Forwarding address for the closing bill and to close the account

Tell us you are moving out

Your closing bill should arrive within 10 working days at your forwarding address and will detail what is left outstanding on the account.

If you had a Direct Debit set up, you can cancel this through your bank or building society as soon as you have notified us.