Moving within Southampton? Change your address

If you’re moving within the area, tell us using the form below.


Before you fill in this form

You won't be able to save this form to complete later, so please allow yourself 10 minutes to fill in the form.

You will need:

  • Your Council Tax account number (you can find this on any bills or notices we’ve sent you)

Tell us you are moving

You'll get a bill for each address. We will send you a closing bill for the previous property and a new bill for the new property. These will both be sent your forwarding address.

If you had a Direct Debit set up on the previous property, we will transfer this over to the new property and any credit on the previous property will be transferred over.

Online Council Tax account

You can also create an online Council Tax account. An online account will allow you to view bills, balances and previous payments at any time.

Once you are registered for Council Tax you can setup an online account here.

Students moving into student housing can find Council Tax information and more on our life events pages.