If your child is in Year 2 and attends an infant school, you should apply for a Year 3 place at a junior or primary school for September 2024.
Before you fill in this form
You won't be able to save this form to complete later, so please allow yourself 10-15 minutes to fill in the form. You will need to provide:
- Proof of address
For children attending infant schools, an application needs to be made for their Year 3 place at a junior school.
Some parents with a child in Year 2 at an infant school may wish to apply for a Year 3 place in a primary school. In addition to applying for a junior school place, you will need to make an in-year application for the preferred primary school.
For main round applications, the school place offered will be for a full time place starting from 1 September 2024. Find out more about how to apply for a school place.
You can now read information on the process for 'mainround' admission into Year 3 for the 2024/25 academic year:
Linked infant and junior schools
Many infant and junior schools are linked and work collaboratively. While a place at a linked junior school is not guaranteed, it is a priority used in the admissions policies when allocating places due to oversubscription. Find out more about linked infant and junior schools.
Other useful information
- Junior school admissions policies
- Primary school admissions policies
- Infant, junior and primary school performance data
- Junior schools catchment map
- Infant and primary school catchment map
- How places were offered at oversubscribed junior schools for 2023 entry
- How places were offered at oversubscribed junior schools - last three years
- Ofsted reports | Changes to inspections from September 2019