Terms and Conditions for Personal Searches of the Local Land Charges Register
Pursuant to Section 8 of the Local Land Charges Act 1975 and the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 you may conduct a search of the Local Land Charges Register and all other relevant registers.
You have indicated that you wish to access and inspect certain primary records and documents held by Southampton City Council relating to local land and property (the 'Raw Data').
1. You acknowledge Southampton City Council's ownership of all intellectual property rights in the Raw Data accessed by you and that you have no rights therein.
2. You confirm that Southampton City Council makes Raw Data available to you without any representation or warranty about its accuracy or completeness and the Southampton City Council shall not be liable to you in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise, including without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing for any indirect or consequential loss, for any inaccuracy or incompleteness of the Raw Data.
3. You acknowledge and agree the in accordance with the Local Land Charges Rules 1977 you may only make hand written notes of the Raw Data (in this instance, the PDF document uploaded to the Southampton City Council website) accessed by you. Should you wish to have a copy of any part of the Raw Data (for example, a downloaded copy of the PDF document) or for SCC staff to interpret or clarify any part of the Raw Data then it will be necessary for you to purchase a local authority search from Southampton City Council for the appropriate fee in the normal way.
4. Access to the Raw Data is being made available by Southampton City Council pursuant to Competition Act 1998 and accordingly Southampton City Council has to closely manage and control the process of access to ensure that all persons are treated equally and fairly.
5. You will indemnify Southampton City Council together with its members, officers, employees, agents and contractors against all claims liabilities actions demands proceedings damages costs charges and expenses whatsoever that may directly or indirectly arise out of or in connection with:
i. Any breach by you of these terms and conditions:
ii. Any loss of or damage to any real or personal property (including loss or corruption of data on computer systems), whether the property of SCC or any other person, resulting directly or indirectly from any of your acts or omissions during the period of your access to Southampton City Council systems.
6. If any provision of these terms and conditions shall in whole or in part be held to any extant to be illegal or unenforceable under any enactment or rule of law that provision or part shall to that extent be deemed not to form part of these terms and conditions and the enforceability of the remainder of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
See the land charges contact details.