An emergency repair is an emergency that puts you, your family or your property in immediate danger. For example:
- You are locked out or stuck inside your home
- You are unable to securely lock or shut your front door, or unable to secure your home
- A ground floor window is smashed leaving your home exposed
- Burst pipes causing flooding or a leak that can't be contained and is causing damage to the surrounding area
- Electrical issues, like exposed wires, broken or sounding smoke alarms
- If you are over 70, registered disabled or have a child under 1, vulnerable and those on a supported housing scheme with a complete loss of heating or no hot water
If your repair meets the emergency criteria, please telephone us on 023 8083 3006 (and select Option 2):
- Monday: 8.30am to 5pm
- Tuesday: 8.30am to 5pm
- Wednesday: 9am to 5pm
- Thursday: 8.30am to 5pm
- Friday: 8.30am to 4.30pm
For emergency repairs outside of these times, please call us on 023 8023 3344.
Remember these telephone lines are for emergency repairs only, or for our tenants who are unable to report online.
- Turn off your gas supply at the emergency control valve, which is normally near your meter
- Open doors and windows to allow fresh air inside
- Follow the advice given by the emergency adviser
- Smoke, light a match or use any other naked flame
- Turn electrical switches on or off
- Use doorbells, mobile phones, or anything else which could cause a spark
General safety information can be found on the National Grid website.
If the issue does not meet the emergency criteria, please request a repair by using our report a repair form. Please be assured we will deal with your request effectively and efficiently.
Before you fill in this form
You won't be able to save this form to complete later, so please allow yourself five minutes to fill in the form.