External repairs

How to fix external problems to your property

How to repair a leak in your guttering with tape SHOW

How to unblock a drain SHOW

How to remove a wooden fence panel and post SHOW

How to reinforce a rotten wooden fence post SHOW

If you live in a flat and have a blocked or leaking manhole please call us. Otherwise, if a manhole is blocked or overflowing please contact Southern Water.

If you would still like to report a repair to us, the easiest and quickest way is to do this online.

Copyright © B&Q plc.

B&Q has kindly given Southampton City Council permission to use these DIY tutorial videos to provide advice and guidance for council tenants. In using these videos, Southampton City Council is neither endorsing nor recommending B&Q products or methods. Other DIY self-help tutorials are available online. Simple repairs of this nature should only be undertaken if you are fit and healthy to do so and have the necessary tools and safety equipment. These repairs are undertaken at your risk and Southampton City Council accepts no responsibility for any damage or injury as a result of DIY repairs relating to these videos